No logistics company makes e-commerce deliveries easier
Pilot’s expertise in e-commerce delivery spans an array of last-mile-only solutions to full-mile services. Major furniture and bedding companies, online retailers and big box stores alike rely on Pilot as one of the industry’s top providers of solutions to the H3D (heavy and hard-to-handle delivery) market. In this niche arena, Pilot’s domestic footprint of more than 80 locations covers all your consumer needs—from coast to coast—with ease and care. Whether we’re making a delivery inside a home or delivering and installing an appliance, we treat every customer as our own, resulting in a consistent, elite experience.
In today’s fast-paced world, e-commerce customers demand quality, speed and convenience. Pilot delivers that and more with over 48 years in the industry, world-class operations and customer service teams, online visibility and scheduling, as well as nationwide coverage. Trust us to be the logistics partner to create a customer experience that differentiates your brand, builds loyalty and generates repeat sales.
Nationwide final mile delivery solutions
- Dedicated solution: Pilot receives product to inventory, inspect, deluxe, assemble, stage and provide white glove delivery. Dedicated distribution centers located in IAH, LAX, MSP, MSY, ORD,PDX and PHX are complemented by Pilot’s nationwide coverage via 75 additional domestic locations. GPS-enabled software by Dispatch Track allows our team to connect with delivery trucks for real time ETAs. Our dedicated final mile distribution centers are available for tours.
- Embedded solution (two options): We place a Pilot employee in your distribution center or warehouse to manage the final-mile leg of your product’s journey. An experienced logistics manager on your dock oversees the smooth, efficient handling of your products. This service is offered in virtually any major market if volume makes it a good fit for both our businesses. As an alternative option, you handle the pre-delivery preparation in your facility. Pilot’s trucks then make scheduled arrivals at your warehouse or distribution center to fulfill the final in-home delivery. This is a simple way for you to keep control of your product, raise the bar on the delivery experience and avoid the headaches of managing a fleet of trucks and drivers.
- Nationwide solution: Your own logistics team manages the line haul portion then tenders product to any one of Pilot’s nationwide locations to handle the final mile delivery. We schedule, perform and track the delivery and give you online visibility and reporting with CoPilot®, our online application.
Specialized handling of high-value furniture and other large-scale items
- Product never goes on pallets, and handlers never use forklifts
- No strict packaging requirements because Pilot only uses a network of nationwide specialized furniture carriers
- Average transit time nationwide is 10 days to market
- Prior to delivery, every piece is deluxed—inspected for any minor nicks or scratches, which are repaired—then pad wrapped to arrive in pristine condition
- Handlers complete assembly upon delivery
- CoPilot® provides a 24/7 window into your supply chain. Customers can self-schedule the final delivery online at PilotDelivers.com.
Ideal solution for companies with heavy and hard-to-handle (H3D) consumer items
From sporting goods and appliances to home fitness equipment and sleep systems, Pilot offers five service levels for residential delivery:
- Basic: Delivery left outside the door
- Standard: Delivery made inside the first, safe home entry and customer inspects product
- Room of Choice: Delivery made to a specific room inside home
- Deluxe: Delivery made to a specific room inside home, plus unpacked and debris removed
- Premier: Same features as Deluxe service, plus product setup, with or without tools
- Home Electronics Enhanced: Delivery of home electronics to the room of choice, product unpacked, debris removed and item tested for power/operation
Our years of experience handling large direct-to-consumer items is back by:
- Service to all U.S. ZIP codes via a nationwide network that moves shipments by air or ground, anywhere in the U.S.
- More than 80 Pilot locations, plus local home delivery agent partners
- Delivery on weekends and by appointment
- Online visibility with CoPilot®, our shipping navigator that lets you quote, book, and track shipments; get email alerts; generate reports; and more
- Pilot’s COMPASS technology, which offers more precise delivery time windows, reduced wait times, and, as a result, improved customer interaction and satisfaction
- Reverse logistics, a flexible and affordable solution to handle warranty repairs, retail customer exchanges or returns, or internal equipment recovery
- National Customer Service Center — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 866-421-0982