EFFECTIVE DATE: May 25, 2018
Please read this Policy carefully. By using our Site, you agree to our collection, use, and sharing of your PII as described in this Policy.
Information that We Collect
Through your use of our Site and Services we may collect PII, which is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. PII may include, but is not limited to, your first and last name, home or business address, email address, and telephone number. We collect the following types of information:
Information Provided by You:
Pilot collects PII from you when you use our Site and Services. While we do not require you to provide PII in order to navigate our Site, we must collect certain PII if you choose to use our Services. This includes payment information, sender information, and recipient information. We also collect PII if you register for a CoPilot account, upload information to the Electronic Data Interchange (“EDI”), fill out the request information form, or otherwise provide us with PII in any correspondence. This may include any of your questions, comments, or suggestions or if you fill out a survey.
Device and Usage Information:
We may automatically collect the following types of information as you use our Site:
- Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of the Site, such as which of the pages on our Site that you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Site.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from: IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may reveal information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using such as: hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information: In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device or through the use of our mobile application, we may also collect mobile network information including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes.
- Session Cookies: We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser.
- Presistent Cookies: Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time and may store a password or track and target the interests of users navigating the Site. We do not currently use persistent cookies.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our Site, but your ability to use some areas of our Site may be limited.
We may also use other website or mobile tracking technologies to identify you and keep track of your preferences, prevent fraudulent activity or improve Site security, assess the performance of the Site, and deliver content to you based on your interests on our Site and third-party websites.
Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify you or any specific person, but it may be derived from your PII. For example, we may aggregate PII to calculate the percentage of users in a particular ZIP code.
Third Party Data Collection
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. Some of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used for targeted advertising. For example, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), which provides a single location where you can opt out of receiving targeted ads from member companies. To opt out, please visit the NAI’s website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
One of the third party services that we use is Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of our Site and may share this data with other Google services. We have enabled Google Analytics Advertising features, including Remarketing, so Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising networks. We also utilize AdWords. You can learn more about Google’s privacy practices and any opt out options by visiting their website at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Do Not Track
The Site is not currently configured to respond to Do Not Track signals sent by Internet browsers.
How We Use and Share Information
We use the PII we collect in the following ways:
- Communicate: We use PII to communicate with you about our Site or Services. We may also use your PII to send you account updates or other communications regarding your account or to inform you of any changes to our Site or Services.
- Specific Purposes: You may be asked to provide information for a specific purpose. For example, if you would like to use Quick Track to track a shipment or if you need to file a claim of shipment loss or damage, you will be asked for certain information. We will only use the information that you provide for the purpose for which you provided it to us.
- Customer Support: We may use your PII to provide you support or other services you request. For example, we may need your information in order to provide technical support or answer questions about our Site or Services.
- Site Maintainance: We analyze how our users interact with our Site in order to maintain and improve our Site. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with our Site.
We reserve the right to share information, including PII, with third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We may share information with service providers that help us perform Site functions and process your transactions. For example, we share information with our EDI providers.
- Affiliates and Franchises: We may share information with a parent company, franchisees, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- Corporate Structure: We may share information in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- To Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- As Required By Law: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands, or to comply with the requirements of any mandatory applicable law.
- With Your Consent: We may request your permission to share your PII for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the PII or before the PII you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
Updates to Your Personal Information
If your PII changes, you may correct or update your PII by contacting Pilot National Customer Service or your local Pilot station.
The security of your PII is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your PII. No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage technology is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Limits to Other Websites
The Site may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Pilot, such as government websites. We have no control over the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party website. You are subject to the policies of those third party websites where applicable. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party websites before you disclose your PII.
Our Site is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of 13 years. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with PII, we take immediate steps to delete such PII.
This is a United States-based Site that is subject to U.S. law. This Site is controlled, operated, and administered by Pilot from its offices within the U.S. If you are accessing this Site from a location outside the U.S., you hereby agree that your use of this Site and our collection and use of your PII is subject to this Policy.
Updates to this Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review frequently. If we decide to make material changes to this Policy, we will post those changes to this Site in a manner that we deem is appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we share it. Any modifications to this Policy will go into immediate effect after they have been posted. You agree to these future updates by continuing to use our Site or our Services after they have been posted.
Pilot Freight Services
314 N. Middletown Road
Lima, PA 19037
Attn: General Counsel & Global Privacy Officer
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org