At Pilot, we often say our business is a “people business.” It is because of the dedicated staff of Pilot Freight Services, our vast number of customers and the various communities where we conduct business that make us successful. For that reason, Pilot has a strong dedication to creating positive work environments and giving back wherever possible.
Within the walls of Pilot offices throughout North America and beyond, the company is committed to:
- Customer satisfaction, which is proven by regularly surveying current customers as well as through stellar scores with the Better Business Bureau
- Protection and privacy of customer data
- Investment in programs for the betterment of all Pilot employees
- Creating a diverse work force illustrating our commitment to being an equal opportunity employer
- Offering a work place that fosters a positive work environment with open door policy for all employees, which is illustrated through the company’s incredible employee retention
- Continuously adding new jobs within the company to currently employees through both M&A and organic growth
- Impressive driver safety and observations programs
At Pilot, we strongly believe in giving back to local communities in which we conduct business. The company supports three supports three charitable efforts on an ongoing basis:
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
Fighting childhood cancer, one cup at a time
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) is one of the largest organizations in the world dedicated to changing the lives of children with cancer through research, awareness, and empowering everyone to help find a cure. In 2018, Pilot proudly adopted ALSF as its charity of choice and has raised tens of thousands of dollars through various fundraising efforts and generous employee donations. From Pilot’s kickoff event announcing ALSF as our corporate charity, to lemonade stands held at the corporate office, stations throughout the country and those hosted by employees on their personal time, clearly Pilot employees are passionate about this foundation. ALSF and Pilot are both organizations that started in the Philadelphia area and have grown globally with the passion and dedication of tremendous supporters.
Click here to learn more about Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Supporting communities devastated by natural disasters
The southern portion of the United States has been devastated by hurricanes in recent years. With Pilot’s network of more than 80 stations across the country, our expertise and geography position us to deliver aid where it is needed most. The quick action and generosity of our employees, customers, and community partners continues to amaze us as we consistently fill trucks with much-needed supplies to these hard-hit areas.
Toys for Tots
Providing underprivileged children with the magic of the holiday season
It is a Pilot tradition to take part in the Toys for Tots toy drive every holiday season. Employees realize their good fortune and generously donate toys to children in need. This tradition has been a part of Pilot since 1999.
Click here to learn more about Toys for Tots.