International services with no boundaries
Pilot delivers customized global freight solutions to meet your most demanding requirements for on-time performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness. Our reach is large—more than 190 countries—thanks to a worldwide network of overseas partners, but we remain flexible enough to provide tailor-made shipping solutions that fit your exact scheduling and budget requirements. Plus, more than 45 years of experience in international shipping ensures accurate documentation, complete customs brokerage service and expert knowledge of import/export requirements, regulations, licenses and payment practices.
Pilot keeps pace with the growth of global business demands through our own on-going investment in international stations coupled with our vast, dependable partner network. Our international capabilities seamlessly integrate with our robust domestic system, which means you can rely on Pilot to deliver a closed-loop shipping solution that covers your entire transportation life cycle. Best of all, you’ll stay connected to every shipment via our extensive monitoring network, which continuously provides the transparency you need.
International Air Freight
Flexible air options, including air charters
- No restrictions on the weight or size of your air shipments and no set pickup or delivery times
- Your freight is tender on the next flight out or consolidated with other freight moving to your destination airport
- Thousands of flights utilized daily, along with blocked or dedicated space agreements from each of our international gateways—Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, and New York
- Pilot Customs Brokerage can handle all your air import shipments to expedite customs clearance into the U.S.
|Priority Service:||Consolidation Service:|
|The fastest delivery for air shipments with an urgent deadline||A reliable and economical alternative with time-definite transit times|
International Air Charter
For transport emergencies or critical shipments
For transport emergencies or critical shipments that can’t wait on scheduled airlines, Pilot can charter you a direct flight with no cargo transfers. We are backed by more than 45 years of experience in the cargo charter market to ensure your time-critical freight gets to its final destination on time and on budget. No matter the size and scope of the project, Pilot has you covered with door-to-door expedited pickup and delivery, too. One call to 1-800-HI-PILOT puts a full range of charter aircraft at your disposal.
|Aircraft||Payload Capacity (kg)||Volume (m3)||Hold Size (cm)||Door Size (cm)|
|Airbus A300 B4F||44,500||300||3,550x477x245||318×244|
|ATR 42 Cargo||5,700||51||1,385x226x175||127×153|
|ATR 72 Cargo||8,200||76||1,796x226x175||127×153|
|BAe ATP Cargo||8,200||78||1,550x200x180||263×172|
|BAe HS 748||6,000||55||1,055x190x180||267×172|
|Boeing B767 -200F||42,000||367||3,116x442x250||340×244|
International Ocean Freight
Time and cost-efficient ocean freight options
Pilot Marine Services:
- Full Container Loads (FCLs) or Less than Container Loads (LCLs)
- Ocean Break Bulk services: door-to-door, terminal-to-terminal, or port-to-port options
- Total control, from arranging pickup at the shipper’s door to delivering your cargo to the ultimate consignee
- Coordinated shipments to/from all port areas
- Documentation, customs clearance, warehousing, trucking and inland freight services, as well as shipside deliveries
- Booking arrangements, marine cargo insurance, crating and packing, tracking, and forwarding to ensure your ocean cargo moves smooth and trouble-free
- Pilot has established ocean gateways in Atlanta, New Orleans, Los Angeles and Miami.
- For shipments originating offshore, combines sea and air transportation for the fast, cost-effective solutions
- Shipments travel on regular sailings from points offshore (e.g., the Far East, through transiting gateways in the U.S.), and then board flights for their final offshore destination
Streamlining supply chains with a logistics overhaul
Pilot is more than just international pickup and delivery. We also handle global logistics with customizable services that help streamline your supply chain end-to-end. Our experienced logistics professionals can help you with initial factory staging and dock management, cross-docking, last-mile or inside logistics, merge-in-transit, merge and deliver, asset deployment, ocean container break-bulk and even reverse deliveries.
Our in-house experts specialize in timely customs clearances and 100% compliance
Exceptional Brokerage Solutions
- Customs clearance of your shipment at any airport, seaport, or Container Freight Station (CFS)
- The latest technology and systems pre-clear freight before arrival and file paperwork electronically
- Automated clearance alerts are sent to you once freight is cleared
- Pilot’s award-winning 24/7 customer service
- We are your liaison to government agencies, including the FDA, USDA, FCC, DOT, and others
- Proven entry procedure expertise
- EDI capability
- Able to secure virtually any type of Transportation Bonds and Customs Surety Bonds