Welcome to the
2019 National Sales Meeting
This website provides everything you need to know about the 2019 National Meeting.
Use the tabs above to access specific information.
Jan 28 – Feb 8: Meeting Registration
TBD: Breakout Registration
Mar 11: Room Block Closes
March 27: Deadline for Complimentary Transportation to Airport
The Pilot room rate at the The Woodlands Resort is $199 for single occupancy, plus $20 resort fee and tax.
To make your reservations in the Pilot Room block, please click here. Once on the Woodlands reservation site, be sure to include your arrival and departure dates under the “Your Stay” area, then click on the search button to the right. Otherwise, your reservation will default to a one-night stay.
For more information about the hotel, click here.
The Pilot National Meeting is a business meeting. Spouses of employees are not permitted to attend.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kim O’Donoghue at 484.448.2031.
See you at The Woodlands Resort on April 10!
Important Meeting Details
You are required to register for the meeting by February 8, 2019. Please retain your confirmation emails for instructions on making changes to your registration. NOTE: Breakout registration and hotel reservations are handled separately. Once you have registered with Pilot for the meeting, you must contact The Woodlands directly to reserve a room. Breakout selection will be held in late February.
The Woodlands Resort is located at 2301 N. Millbend Drive, The Woodlands, Texas, 77380. All attendees are responsible for making their own reservations, unless you are contacted by Marketing. The deadline to reserve rooms in Pilot’s block at The Woodlands Resort is March 11, 2019. When making your reservation, request the group rate for Pilot: $199 single occupancy, plus $20 resort fee and tax. In 2019, all rooms for corporate personnel and company station employees are approved for single occupancy.
- To make a reservation over the phone, call 281.364.6462.
- To book your reservation online, click here. Once on the Woodlands reservation site, be sure to include your arrival and departure dates under the “Your Stay” area, then click on the search button to the right. Otherwise, your reservation will default to a one-night stay.
The hotel’s check-in time is 4:00 pm and check-out time is 11:00 am. Guests are responsible for their own housekeeping and bellmen gratuities. The Woodlands requires a credit card to guarantee each reservation. Cancellation of guaranteed reservations must be done 48 hours prior to arrival or one night’s room and tax will be charged to the reserved credit card.
The National Meeting kicks off with the Expo at noon on Wednesday, April 10. Mandatory attendance continues until 11:00 am on Friday, April 12.
Registration and breakout selection are a two-step process. Look for future communication about breakout selection. There is no survey to complete this year.
Important Details for Exhibitors
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Noon – 3:00 pm
Wednesday, April 10, 2019 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Immediately following Expo at 3:00 pm
Internet access is included. Power and all other audio visual needs are available at an additional cost. If you require PSAV needs, please click here for the exhibitor order form and send directly to PSAV at The Woodlands.
Please utilize the shipping labels provided here, so the hotel personnel can easily recognize your freight. If you choose to use your own shipping labels, please consign the freight as follows:
Sending Freight to your Room
The Woodlands Resort
Pilot Freight Services 2019 National Meeting
Attn: Guest Receiving Package-Austin Storage Room
2301 N. Millbend Dr. The Woodlands, TX 77380
Sending Freight to the Ballroom
Hold For: Pilot Freight Services National Meeting Expo
Woodlands Ballroom Attn: (your company & name)
Date of your arrival:
Date of Event: April 10, 2019
Deliver by 9:00 am
Plan to have your freight arrive at The Woodlands
no sooner than April 8, 2019.
Wednesday, April 10
Business casual for all attending
Keynote Address & Welcome Reception
Men and Women: Smart casual; jeans are permitted. Note: Some awards will be given out this night. The reception will be held outdoors, weather permitting.
Thursday, April 11
Business casual attire for all attending. Facilitators: Men – Coat and tie required; Women – Suit, dress, pantsuit
When selecting your attire for the team building activity, please keep in mind that your outfit should reflect that this is a professional event. Comfortable, loose-fitting activewear and sneakers for participants. Tank tops and short shorts are not appropriate. While this will be a physical activity, it will not be a physical challenge. Team building will take place inside.
Awards Reception & Banquet
Men: Suit and tie recommended; Women: Dresses or dressy suits
Friday, April 12
Travel casual attire for all attending; jeans are permitted. Facilitators: Men – Coat and tie required; Women – Suit, dress, pantsuit
The Woodlands Transportation Options
To The Woodlands Resort
George Bush International Airport (IAH) or William P. Hobby (HOU)
The Woodlands Resort is about a 25-minute drive from the George Bush International Airport (IAH) and a 50-minute drive from the William P. Hobby (HOU).
Pilot will arrange bus transportation to The Woodlands from IAH and HOU for all corporate employees. If you have booked your flights through the Corporate Travel Department, your transportation to the hotel will automatically be arranged. If you booked your flight on your own, please contact Meghan Strain by March 27 to secure ground transportation to the hotel. Meghan can be reached via email@example.com or 610.891.8109.
Franchise Employees, Expo Guests, International Attendees
Transportation can be arranged through A&H. Please call 281.364.6418 to request transportation. There is a 24-hour advance notice to schedule transportation.
From The Woodlands Resort
Pilot is arranging bus transportation to the IAH and HOU airports on Friday, April 12, for all Pilot employees–corporate and franchise–attending the meeting. There will be no charge to your station for this service. In order to take advantage of this offer, please email Meghan Strain at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 27 with the following details:
- Airline carrier
- Flight number
- Flight time
- Passenger name(s)
The first bus will leave The Woodlands at 11:30 am and is reserved for attendees with flights that depart IAH at/prior to 2:30 pm. Passengers for the first bus will be confirmed via email. All other attendees with flights that depart IAH and HOU after 2:30 pm should take the subsequent buses, which will leave The Woodlands starting at 12:00 pm. The buses will run on a loop. **If you have made travel arrangements through our Corporate Travel Department, your airport transfers will be arranged automatically.** NOTE: Since bus transportation to the meeting is being provided, booking travel to/from airports without prior approval may not be expensed. Do not make this costly mistake.
- Register for meeting
- Hotel Reservations (see Info section)
- Transfer to/from airport
- Register for breakouts (late February/early March)
- Business cards
- Appropriate attire (see Attire section)
- Questions for key Pilot sales/ops personnel. Representatives from every station, major business segment as well as from our loyal partners will be on hand for networking!
- Breakout presentation–including backup
- Laptop (if using)
- Request for meeting room A/V
- How do I change details in my confirmation email? (Arrival and departure dates, station, role?) Please email Marketing at email@example.com to update your information.
- Do I need to make my own hotel reservation? Unless you were directly contacted by Marketing, you must make your own hotel reservation. NOTE: Pilot’s block will close on March 11, 2019.
- The registration website has closed. How can I register? Please email Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Do I need to sign up for breakouts? Yes, everyone must sign up for breakouts.
- The breakout I want is shaded out. How can I sign up for this breakout? If the breakout is shaded out, it has reached maximum capacity. Please choose another breakout for that session. If you were instructed to sign up for breakout that is now closed, please contact Marketing at email@example.com as soon as possible.
- How can I edit my breakout selections? Please email Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link to edit breakouts.
- How do I change my flight arrangements? If your flight arrangements were made with Pilot’s Corporate Travel Department, please contact Meghan Strain at email@example.com or by phone at 610.891.8109.
- How long does it take to get to the hotel from the airport? The Woodlands Resort is approximately 25 minutes from the George Bush International Airport and 50 minutes from the William P. Hobby Airport.
- What are my transportation options to get to the hotel from the airport? Franchise employees, Expo guests and international attendees can call 281.364.6418 to arrange transportation with a 24-hour notice. All corporate and company station employees will have arrangements made by Meghan Strain. Please see our Transportation page for more information as our travel policy has been updated.
- How do I arrange transportation back to the airport after the meeting? Pilot is providing complimentary transportation for both corporate and franchise employees back to the appropriate airport. If your travel arrangements were made with our Corporate Travel Department, you will automatically be set up with arrival and return airport transfers. If you did not book travel through our Corporate Travel Department, please contact Meghan Strain at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 610.891.8109 with your flight information by March 27.
- When is check-in and check-out? Hotel check-in is 4:00 pm and check-out is 11:00 am.
- Where is the National Meeting check-in? The meeting registration desk will be located in the Grand Ballroom Foyer.
- Does the hotel have a fitness center? Yes, the fitness center offers complimentary 24-hour access with guest room key.
- Does The Woodlands have a Business Center? Yes, there are two full-service business centers.
- What should I wear? Please see the Attire section for more information.
- Is breakout attendance mandatory? Yes, breakout attendance is mandatory for ALL meeting attendees. Attendance is taken at each session.
- When does the meeting begin? The meeting starts with the Expo at noon on Wednesday, April 10. Please plan to arrive in The Woodlands between noon and 1:00 pm to give yourself ample time to meet with Pilot’s partners. Lunch is provided during the Expo.
- When does the meeting end? The final session will end at 11:00 am on Friday, April 12.