Service above and beyond the call
Pilot Freight Services offers customized transportation and logistics programs designed specifically for the Department of Defense (DOD), including all branches of the Armed Forces, GSA, NASA and other Departments of the U.S. Government. Whether you’re faced with tight schedules, tight budgets, or both, we deliver your shipments on time and in perfect condition. Pilot Freight Services’ full-service transportation professionals respond when you need to move government freight quickly and affordably, within the U.S. or overseas.
Pilot’s Government Services Program Proudly Serves:
- Department of Defense
- Department of State
- Department of the Treasury
- General Services Administration
- Defense Contractors
Ship Military Equipment
When it comes to getting the military’s equipment into the most difficult places to reach, Pilot knows the territory. We deliver every conceivable level of support, 24/7, including chartered flights into active war theaters or overseas installations. Pilot thrives on challenging and complicated routing, like in Africa, where our presence has greatly increased in the last five years. In fact, we now service all sanctioned countries on the continent and are an approved DOD Heavyweight Transportation Provider there.
Fast, Accurate Payment Plans for Government Freight
In partnership with U.S. Bank and Citi, Pilot offers you Syncada, a web-based freight billing, payment, and tracking system. In addition to reducing paperwork, Syncada allows for quick and easy auditing of any rate discrepancies and ensures proper tender is applied to each shipment for prompt, accurate billing and payment.
Pilot also takes special care processing each Government Bill of Lading to design your tenders to your specific requirements, including customized rate schedules.
Discover more about our first-hand knowledge in government sector by calling 1-800-HI-PILOT today.
Syncada® is a registered trademark and wholly owned by U.S. Bank, U.S. Bancorp.
A complete range of time-definite shipping services
- First Flight Service — priority boarding on the first available flight
- Next Day AM/PM Service — for urgent shipments with delivery by noon or 5:00 PM the next day
- 2 Day Service — delivery the second business day by 5:00 PM
- 3 Day Service — delivery the third business day by 5:00 PM
- Economy Service — delivery no later than the fifth business day by 5:00 PM with considerable cost savings*
*Delivery times subject to customs clearance
Safe, secure transportation
Pilot is certified by Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) to ensure the safe handling of your freight. This certification helps us expedite your shipments through customs, resulting in faster and more efficient service at the borders.
Pilot is also an approved Civil Reserve Air Fleet (CRAF) partner and can handle all of your international shipping needs.
Industry recognition for quality service and excellence
Pilot is the proud recipient of several quality awards bestowed by the U.S. Department of Defense. For our commitment to excellence and quality service above and beyond the call of duty, we have earned recognition from the National Defense Transportation Association, Military and the Surface Deployment & Distribution Command. In addition, Pilot has received more than 25 Quest for Quality Awards from Logistics Management magazine.
Pilot Customs Brokerage
Exceptional brokerage solutions
- Customs clearance of your shipment at any airport, seaport, or Container Freight Station (CFS)
- The latest technology and systems pre-clear freight before arrival and file paperwork electronically
- Automated clearance alerts are sent to you once freight is cleared
Pilot’s award-winning 24/7 customer service
- We are your liaison to government agencies, including the FDA, USDA, FCC, DOT, and others
- Proven entry procedure expertise
- EDI capability
- Able to secure virtually any type of Transportation Bonds and Customs Surety Bonds